Thursday, September 29, 2011

My (friend's) fancy house in London Town

Wow, what a week!!  I was sad to see the week that I thought would never end come to a close.  I like to sum up my week in England for Betsy's wedding by saying it was crazy- the majority being amazing crazy, but a few moments of crazy crazy.  I'm beyond happy that I was fortunate enough to be a part of this experience and don't regret one penny spent.  You know, money comes and goes, but friendships are forever for me.
I got to Betsy's "flat" (apartment) on Saturday afternoon, just over 24 hours after leaving my house in Alamosa.  Luckily I was able to sleep a bit on the plane as we had our first night of fun right away!  Oh man, it was so good to be back with my go-to girls for having fun in the city!  We really know how to have a good time no matter where we are or what we're doing.
We spent a lot of time with Betsy and Patrick's parents, who are all amazing people and became our parents for the week.  As for friends, it was mainly me and Cora (the maid of honor) and Patrick's 2 best friends, Andrey and Jim, for the week.  In between tourist activities, there was eating, drinking, dancing, and general merriment for all!  Destination weddings can be a little intense and crazy, but it was so great to really get to know the important people in the lives of the bride and groom.  All the wedding guests (about 25 people) spent the weekend together in a house in the countryside (you can be jealous here), we were one big happy family!  When we all said our good-byes on Sunday night, people were tearing up.  It really was a special time with only people who are important to the bride and groom (no random coworker you feel obligated to invite!).

I'm grateful to Betsy and Patrick for allowing me to crash at their place all week.  I'm grateful for their families' generosity and hospitality.  I'm grateful to my parents for helping me out.  I'm grateful for time spent getting to know friends better.  I'm grateful to know people that truly love.

Now, I have about 1,200 photos from the weekend, so I've made a few collages of various things....


I'm a tourist again!

Nights out with the girls!!

Nights in with the family!

The grounds of one of the most beautiful houses

The inside of the house

Having fun with the old house

Rehearsal Dinner

Wedding Day!!

Here are 2 special photos I want to share:

We made up a game on the Billiard table called Skuddle... um, best. game. EVER!!

Patrick's dad, Tata... maybe the best dance of my life?  Sooo fun!!

1 comment:

  1. Mik, it warmed my heart reading this post and reliving our beautiful memories together! Love you so much, dear friend!!

    ReplyDelete